Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Arjun Tendulkar retires after hearing that media already discovered the next Tendulkar

Mumbai: 16 years old Arjun Tendulkar, also known as son of God, has decided to retire from all forms of cricket even before making his first class debut. Arjun, a left arm medium pace bowler and left handed batsman made this announcement at the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai earlier today.

Arjun tendulkar

Papa wo hai agla Tendulkar

Speaking to the media at a packed press conference, Arjun said, “I was always told by media that I am the next Tendulkar. Even when I picked up a plastic bat at the age of 3, a reporter asked me if I can hit Shane Warne for a six with that bat. I was hounded by paparazzi my whole life because they thought I was the next Tendulkar. Now after telling me for 16 years that I am the next Tendulkar, they suddenly say Kohli is the next Tendulkar? This has left me severely disillusioned and I am not mentally ready to play top level Cricket so I have decided to hang my boots.”

Virat Kohli has been hailed as the next Sachin Tendulkar by Indian media after his stunning run of form recently. However, Virat is not the first man labeled ‘Next Tendulkar’ by Indian media desperate to pressurize Indian batsmen with the comparisons to Tendulkar. People like Amol Mazumdar, Prithvi Shaw, Pranav Dhanawade, all have been compared to Tendulkar in the past.

“Before retiring, I thought about becoming the next Kapil Dev since I am an all rounder but then I remembered Laxmi Ratan Shukla and Reetinder Singh Sodhi who were labeled the next Kapil Dev at the start of their careers and thought better of it and steered clear of the tag of next Kapil Dev. Maybe this Cricket thing wasn’t meant for me”, Arjun gave a rueful smile.

Meanwhile, Cricket experts have played down this retirement. One such expert speaking to Faking News said, “Oh come on, he isn’t going anywhere. Just like the other son of God, he will reappear in 3 days time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment