Friday, December 18, 2015

IT employee rejects offer of promotion: Cries foul play

Pune: In a bizarre incident and what could be a precursor of a trend to follow, a Telecom employee, Maddy has refused an offer to be promoted to a Manager position in the mid-term appraisal season.

Promotions are deceptive. So, No. No. No

Promotions are deceptive. So, No. No. No

When our Faking news correspondent met Maddy, a smart and logical analyst, who often finds himself over-burdened with complex works, he said that, “Yes I have rejected an offer to be promoted. It was a ploy to squeeze the life out of me. Thanks to an article published in your esteemed Faking News – Employee gets 5% salary hike but attends 400% more meetings after getting promoted by 400% – that opened my eyes”.

He further added, “I could sense it coming all the way. So I made a ploy to avoid it, by painting a picture of being a reckless employee:

  1. I made sure I come late to office by at least an hour every day; this was equal to 3 working days a month (paid leave)
  2. Delayed selective submissions to corporate. Local submissions were done as late as possible, depending upon my mood.
  3. Expressed shock on being asked the smallest data points or any analysis. So much so that I made the requester feel as if he committed a crime by asking that.
  4. Criticized all the company’s processes & practices, whenever asked for an opinion by my seniors.
  5. Took frequent tea breaks and socialized with random people from other departments.

“But they deliberately failed to take a serious note of all these and instead appreciated my efforts during the mid-term appraisal. And this didn’t end here, now they plotted to promote me to a Manager.

It’s a very cost-effective way adopted by companies these days to screw someone. Just @ 5%-6% incremental cost they get a donkey’s job done. And 60% of this 5% goes into the variable pay, which you rarely get completely, added to a 90 day notice period, which makes sure you don’t get job elsewhere easily.

So I had to take a brave step and put an end to this foul play, you see”, completes Maddy

Disclaimer: This article has NOT been edited or written by the Faking News editorial team for publication as a mainstream article. This is a user generated content, and could be unusually better or worse in quality than an article published on the mainstream Faking News website. You too can write your own news report on My Faking News

No comments:

Post a Comment