Thursday, April 14, 2016

After trying everything else, Gautam Gambhir to grow facial hair to return to Indian team

Kolkata: Having tried everything, from playing for Delhi to playing for KKR in IPL, Gautam Gambhir is set to make one last attempt to return to the Indian national side. Gambhir has decided to grow a beard.

Gambhir

One of the last images of a clean shaven Gambhir

Having played throughout his career with a clean shaven look, Gambhir has decided to dump the razor after observing that people with facial hair are more likely to get selected than the clean shaven ones.

“There could not be any other reason behind the selection of some of the players, it must be the facial hair”, Gambhir observed, “If they can get selected on that basis then why not me. I have nothing to lose and I am running out of options. I tried scoring runs in domestic cricket, I tried not scoring runs in domestic cricket, I scored a lot of runs in IPL, I scored a lot of ducks in IPL but nothing impressed the selectors. I am hoping my beard does that job now.”

Gautam Gambhir is currently playing for Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL and is the early leader in the race for Orange cap this season.

“I mean look at the team. Shikhar, Dhawan, Kohli, Raina, Rahane, Jadeja, Pandya, everyone has facial hair. Pandya’s beard doesn’t cover his full face yet so he doesn’t get to play test cricket. Dhoni’s stubble keeps coming and going as well. It is the beard dued, need it to break into the Indian team again”, Gambhir said.

As per our sources, not just Gambhir, Robin Uthappa has also given up shaving to try and boost his chances for an Indian return.

Meanwhile, chairman of selectors, Mr. Sandeep Patil has clarified that having a beard doesn’t guarantee selection. Mr. Patil also refuted allegations that there is conflict of interest with him having a beard as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment