Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Nitish Kumar reveals why tax on Samosa is actually a blow to Lalu

Nitish Kumar has announced a tax 0f 13.5% on samosas and other such luxury items in Bihar.  It is widely speculated that this has been done to make up the expected revenue shortfall when liquor ban is introduced soon in Bihar.  However the real reason is something else as confided by Nitish Kumar in an interview to Faking News.

Nitish has been thinking if Lalu has given him a topi

Nitish has been thinking if Lalu has given him a topi

NiKu: I am troubled by Laloo’s overreach and extra constitutional powers that he is wielding. I made a mistake in forming an alliance with his party and now I am burdened not only with him but also his sons in my Government.

FN: But what this got to do with the tax on aloo?

NiKu: I will tell you. Do you remember what Laloo used to say during his high flying days? – “Jab tak rehega Samosa mein aloo, tab tak rehega Bihar mein Laloo.” – Every day and every night I was troubled by this slogan of his. One morning in Nalanda I got the divine inspiration. So I levied luxury tax on Samosas, so that Biharis will start disliking it and hence Laloo.

FN: But instead of aloo,if they come up with muttar or butter in Samosa?

NiKu: I foresaw that Laloo will then come up with “Jab tak rehega Samosa mein muttar aur butter, tab tak rehega Bihar mein Laloo ke Puttar.”

That is why we said Samosa and did not specifically mention aloo samosa in our notification. So all types of samosas will be covered. Next I propose to levy luxury tax of 20% on aloo and VAT of 35% on aloo puri, aloo paratha, aloo gobi, aloo muttar and other aloo based products.

I have already written to Jailtely that JDU will support the GST bill in Rajya Sabha if he exempts samoas,aloo and aloo products from GST.

FN: What do you think will happen?

NiKu: I expect Biharis will give up aloo and samosa in 6 months time and both these items will become extinct in Bihar. I will then tell Laloo that he cannot remain in Bihar reminding him of his slogan.
FN: One last question. Who inspired you?

NiKu: I am grateful to a Bahari—Narendra Modi. When Namo can pursue a Congress mukt Bharat, why cannot NikU pursue a Laloo mukt Bihar? In fact Prashant Kishor has readied a slogan for me:

Abh ho gaya Bihar samosa aur aloo mukt,
Khab hoga Bihar Misa our Laloo mukt?

Disclaimer: This article has NOT been edited or written by the Faking News editorial team for publication as a mainstream article. This is a user generated content, and could be unusually better or worse in quality than an article published on the mainstream Faking News website. You too can write your own news report on My Faking News

No comments:

Post a Comment