Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Teenager already decided what illness he will fake to miss school on Rakshabandhan

New Delhi. In a display of great proactiveness, 16 yrs old Sahil Kapoor has already decided how he will avoid going to school on the dreaded day of Rakshabandhan.

Rakshabandhan is an Indian festival in which sisters tie a rakhi (sacred thread) on her brother’s wrist. This symbolizes the sister’s love and prayers for her brother’s well-being and protection, and the brother’s lifelong vow to protect her from all troubles.

Raksha Bandhan

Welcome tie at home, but not cool at school.

Sahil is deeply concerned that some of the girls in his school may try to tie a Rakhi around his wrist, making him their brother. To avoid any such undesirable situations, he has decided to miss school that day.

Speaking over a cup of chai, Sahil confided in us, “See, one has to be prepared in advance. Now that Government has decided to celebrate Rakshabandhan, I am afraid that schools may make attendance compulsory on that day! I need an iron clad alibi to get out of any such situation.”

“I currently have a crush on 16 out of 20 girls in my class. I have even talked to 2 of them. Only problem with all of them is they love tying Rakhis to classmates every year. Why can’t their parents produce more kids so they have brothers at home? I simply bunked school during previous years but this time I need to think of a good excuse after Government’s decision to celebrate Rakhi on a grand scale. Is this why I voted for Modi?” the 16-year-old asked with a hint of frustration.

When asked how could he vote when he was just 16, he first tried to avoid the question, then claimed that he has voted for Modi in an online poll. He couldn’t recall which poll.

When this reporter further asked Sahil what illness he was going to fake, he refused to reveal it saying, “Well I don’t want this idea to get out there. Every other boy may try to copy it and then teachers will know we all are bluffing. But believe me, it will be very serious illness and I may even get sympathy hugs from my classmates upon returning to school.”

Given his enterprising mind, we weren’t surprised to know that Sahil has a backup plan if his illness ploy fails.

“If my entire planning fails and I am forced to come to school that day, I will sit outside the Principal’s room and will protest against the saffronizatrion of educational institutes by forcing us to celebrate Hindu festivals. I have even printed few Smriti Irani posters to burn that day,” Sahil revealed with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment