Friday, February 5, 2016

Manish Pandey files RTI to find out why he has been dropped

New Delhi: Attacking middle order batsman Manish Pandey has filed an RTI to find out why he has been ignored for Asia Cup and World Cup in the T20 format.

Manish Pandey heading towards selectors carrying his bat in an aggressive pose

Manish Pandey heading towards selectors carrying his bat in an aggressive pose

Indian team for these 2 tournaments was announced today and Pandey, who is a member of the Indian team for T20s against Sri Lanka, found himself out of the 15 member squad with Virat Kohli returning to take his place.

“I am not upset with my omission, I just want to know what am I doing wrong so that I can rectify it”, said Manish. “Last time I played for India, I won them the match by scoring a 100 in an ODI at T20 strike rate. I thought that should be enough to convince the selectors that I can score quickly but apparently not.”

“I am waiting to see the response to the RTI query to see which area to improve but I have already started practicing my bowling skills in the meanwhile. Good batting and fielding hasn’t been enough, maybe I can get in as a fast bowler if I can touch 120 KPH”, said Pandey hopefully.

When we asked who should have been dropped to accommodate Pandey in the team, he declined to comment and said, “I don’t want to create any bad blood by taking names but there are a couple of players who look set to sit on the bench for the entire World Cup and I have far greater experience of sitting on the Indian team bench than them.”

In response, BCCI has clarified that they don’t come under the RTI act. A BCCI spokesperson told Faking News, “This is precisely why we avoid RTI. People think it is to hide some corruption but it is mostly to avoid such queries by players. What if tomorrow Pujara comes and files an RTI to find out how could we prefer Rohit Sharma over him in a test match? Kis kis ko jawab denge bhai.”

Meanwhile, TMC leader Derek O’Brien has accused Modi Government for forcing Manish Pandey out because he plays for Kolkata in IPL. “Removing a Kolkata Knight Riders player out just because RW trolls don’t like the owner and Bengal Govt? INTOLERANCE” tweeted an angry O’Brien.

No comments:

Post a Comment