Friday, February 12, 2016

Sensex gains 500 points after SBI staff found working during lunchtime

Mumbai: The stock market which plummeted yesterday was in the green today, gaining 500 points after it was reported that few SBI employees were found working during lunchtime.

Investors happy, thanks to SBI

Investors happy. Thanks to SBI

Our reporter spoke to Mr. Waghmare, Head Cashier at Mumbai’s busiest retail SBI branch and also winner of Online Solitaire competition last year, who was among those whose picture went viral on social media.

He said, “To tell you honestly, I was not aware that it was lunch time. I usually keep my watch ahead by 10 mins so that we get extra time to relax. But yesterday I think the watch stopped working just before lunch time and I didn’t realize that I had to shut the window. I am happy that stock market is doing good but a little scared that people from the Staff Union will now take me to task for not doing what is expected of me.”

The news went viral on social media after a customer uploaded a selfie on FB with caption ‘SBI staff working during lunch time’.

“I have been a customer of this branch for 20 years. Never before has something like this happened. I thought the staff will ignore me like they always do, but that did not happen. I had to take a pic,” said Mr. Lele, still shocked with what he experienced.

Our reporter also spoke to Senior Stock Market analyst at Jyotilal Bhoswal to get a sense of how investor sentiments were affected. He said, “It is common knowledge that stock market reacts on sentiments. I think just the image of SBI staff working and not playing Soliataire gave a sense of hope to investors and that fuelled the upswing.”

Apparently, many Foreign Institutional Investors are now upbeat about Indian economy and have expressed interest in investing in the country.

Meanwhile, RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan heaved a sigh of relief and thanked SBI staff for their presence of mind. “I had said yesterday that PSU banks don’t need band aid, they need a surgery. But SBI employees today proved that I was wrong. Non performing assets have started performing again. My heart is going dhak-dhak,” he said while jerking his chest, with a wide grin visible on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment