Friday, May 22, 2015

Mumbai man reaches Pune trying to catch Vodafone signal, loses 10 Kgs

Mumbai/Pune. An Oshiwara based man today created record by traveling over 250 Kms in his bid to catch Vodafone signal on his mobile. In the process, Abhay Bansal, who embarked from his residence at 10 pm on 20th May’ 15, finally reached Pune in the wee hours of 22nd May.

Relieved at finally having found full signal strength and having reached Pune in the cheapest possible way, Abhay led out a loud scream of joy before speaking to our reporter.

“I was on a call with my long distance girlfriend, based in Pune. Unable to hear her properly with voice cracking several times in between, I decided to take a stroll outside my building compound to catch the network. I never knew I would almost end up at her residence in my endeavor to do so,” he said as he hugged his girlfriend.

“Having reached Pune now, I want to take a moment to thank Vodafone for ‘literally’ bridging the gap between callers,” he said with a huge smile on his face.

Abhay with group of other Vodafone users.

Abhay with group of other Vodafone users.

However there were moments when Abhay thought he had got it.

“But I soon realized that I was confusing network bars/indicators with battery bars,” he disclosed.

Abhay just didn’t stop there but went on and on to praise Vodafone.

“Having Vodafone connection teaches you a lot and makes you a man. On my way I encountered several other fellow Vodafone users, but not many had the strength and determination to go for the kill. They gave up after just traveling few kms,” he revealed. “It’s not a child’s play to survive on a Vodafone connection, you see.”

“I would recommend Vodafone subscription to anyone trying to lose weight. It is the best possible cardio exercise and best part is that it is just a by product of you trying to achieve something else,” a 10 kg lighter and fitter Abhay said.

“To be honest I used public transport till Chembur, but after that the journey was completely on foot,” he confessed.

Abhay though suggested Vodafone to make one small change in their ads.

“There is a minor glitch in their ads though. Instead of having wherever you go our network follows you, it should be more like where ever our network goes, you follow us,” he pointed.

Having become one of the rare human beings to catch full Vodafone signal, Abhay has now decided to write a book “Discover the Vodafone signal in your mobile”  to help all Vodafone users who struggle daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment