Sunday, September 20, 2015

Employee gets 5% salary hike but attends 400% more meetings after getting promoted

Gurgaon: A software engineer working for a Multinational Company in the city confirmed that while he got a 5% salary hike on getting promoted, he was attending 400% more meetings. Tadapit Kumar, a ten year veteran at an MNC software firm, however seemed to be quite pleased with this arrangement.meeting-manager

“My company has not promoted anyone, citing recession for the last seven years,” Tadapit said. “So I am happy to be promoted and to get a 5% hike. Most of my friends here have taken a pay cut this year to continue working here and are busy polishing their profiles on Naukri.com.”

“Yes, my invitations to meetings has gone up 400%, but I am happy about that too,” he continued, in response to a question from this Faking News reporter. “I sit in a corner and play Solitaire or browse through the Naukri.com profiles of the people in the room and occasionally make statements like ‘Yes, let’s double down on that’ or ‘Can we have a detailed review on this… this slide isn’t enough?’ etcetera. This is what I had been missing all those years.”

No comments:

Post a Comment