Friday, August 7, 2015

Mission Impossible 5 stunt scene was inspired by Mumbai local trains: Tom Cruise

Mumbai: The Indian connection of Tom Cruise’s latest installment of Mission Impossible goes beyond just VFX artists working on the project. As per the actor-producer, a major stunt scene in the movie was inspired by local trains in Mumbai.

Stunts are performed by professionals. Please don't try this at home.

Stunts are performed by professionals. Please don’t try this at home.

The Hollywood actor took some time off from his busy promotion schedule to speak to Faking News.  He said, “I was in Mumbai for the promotion of MI-4 and thought I’d check out the city. Friends suggested that I travel by the local trains in the city. They said it would be an ‘out of the world’ experience. But when I saw how people were travelling, I said to myself ‘holy shit, it’s like the stunts I perform in my movies’. But unlike Hollywood movies, these guys did not have any safety harness. I thought it would be cool to try some of the stunts these people do while travelling, and that’s how the aircraft scene in MI-5 was shot.”

To make the scene look authentic, the producers of the movie flew some local train passengers to Hollywood to train Tom Cruise. Viral Shah was one such passenger who was asked by the team to provide tips on improvising the stunt scene.

Viral Shah's finger after years of travelling in mumbai local.

Viral Shah’s finger after years of travelling in Mumbai local.

Speaking to Faking News he said, “Yes, the producers did seek my help. I have been travelling by local train from Virar to Churchgate for the last 10 years. There are times when I held on to the train with just one finger and the rest of my body was suspended in air. It may appear to be dangerous, but I am used to it. Now, if I spot an empty local, I just don’t board it. Feel suffocated while travelling by empty local trains.”

After success of the movie, many action producers from Hollywood are looking towards India to draw inspiration. Some of the local train travelers have also been approached to become stunt doubles for Hollywood actors.

Meanwhile, the General Manager of Western Railway had a broad smile on his face. “It is a proud moment for Indian Railways. People always keep complaining that the trains are crowded. Finally, someone has appreciated our efforts,” he said even as the news of a passenger falling off a local train was reported in the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment