Friday, August 14, 2015

Inspired by Nehru’s Tryst with Destiny speech, Modi, Kejriwal etc come up with their own tryst with destinies

New Delhi. When the News Channels played Jawaharlal Nehru’s Tyrst with Destiny speech all over again, Faking News approached few prominent people to ask their version of the same speech. This is what they responded:

Arnab Goswami

Long night ago we made a tryst with TRPs, and now the time comes when we shall redeem our Twitter Trends and Impact, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially. At the stroke of the Newshour tonight, when other news channels sleep, the nation will awake to my wisdom and justice. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history of Newshour, when I have not passed the verdict, when my monologue ends, and when the voice of a panelist, long suppressed, finds utterance.

To the Pakistanis and Srinivasans of the world we send greetings and pledge ourselves to cooperate with them in furthering peace, freedom and democracy.

And to journalism, our much-loved Times Now, the ancient, the eternal and the ever-new, we pay our reverent homage and we bind ourselves afresh to its service. Happy Exposing.

They all have had some trysts.

They all have had some trysts.

Narendra Modi

Long years ago I made a tryst with destiny of Gujarat, and now the time comes when I shall redeem India’s economy, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially. At the stroke of the midnight hour, when Rahul Baba sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when I am in India, when my foreign tours end, and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance.

To the Lalus and Nitishs of the Bihar we send greetings and pledge ourselves to cooperate with them in furthering progress, development and democracy.

And to India and all other places jahan mera purana rishta hai, our much-loved motherland, the ancient, the eternal and the ever-new, I pay my reverent homage and bind myself afresh to their service. Vande Mataram.

Rahul Gandhi

Long years ago my great grandfather made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when I shall redeem my family’s vision, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially. At the stroke of the midnight hour, when I am asleep in the morning, I will wake up at night. A moment comes, which comes but frequently in history, when I am speaking, when my goof-ups begin, and when the laughter of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance.

(Fumbles and looks up to his speech note)

To the Sushmas and RSS of the world we send greetings and pledge ourselves to cooperate with them in furthering peace, freedom and democracy.

And to all new issues faced by people of India, whether or not I know anything about them, the ancient, the eternal and the ever-new, I pay my reverent homage and bind myself afresh to their support. Happy Dreaming.

Arvind Kejriwal

Long years ago Bhagat Singh and Mahatma Gandhi made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when we shall redeem our Aam Aadmi Party, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially. At the stroke of the midnight hour, when Delhi sleeps, Khirki Extension will awake to Somnath Bharti. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when I step out to watch latest movies, when autocracy ends, and when the soul of the likes of Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan, long suppressed, finds utterance.

To the Modi agents and Adanis of the world we send greetings and pledge ourselves to cooperate with them in furthering peace, freedom and democracy.

And to Ford Foundation, our much-loved donations, the ancient, the eternal and the ever-new, we pay our reverent homage and we bind ourselves afresh to its service. Bharat Mata ki Jai.

No comments:

Post a Comment