Monday, August 17, 2015

Anxious moments for Arnab as Microsoft tests out new app that reads out news to you, without outraging

Mumbai: Arnab Goswami, who has given anxious moments to his panelists through his persistent questioning on his debate, was at the receiving end after tech giant Microsoft announced that it was testing an app that would change the way news would be consumed in future.

Anxious moments for Arnab Goswami

Anxious moments for Arnab Goswami

Apparently, the man behind this idea is Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella himself. Speaking to Faking News from Redmond he said, “A few days back I was watching an Indian news channel and saw this particular news anchor screaming and throwing papers at his panelists. I was not sure if I was watching news or a Martin Scorsese movie. That is when I got the idea of an app that would do away with outraging news anchors and all that melodrama.”

As per Microsoft, they conducted a research on viewer preferences and the results have given them insights about how viewer preferences have changed over the years.

“There was a time when I liked the debates hosted by Arnab. More specifically, during the UPA rule when every other day scams broke out and people could relate to the angry news anchor. But why is he angry now and for how long will he be angry. With this new app I don’t have to worry about news readers being too loud. Previously I could hear Arnab screaming even after turning my TV to mute and stuffing my ears with cotton,” said a regular viewer, who was happy with the news about Microsofts new app.

Not just viewers, spokespersons from political parties also heaved a collective sigh of relief. “You have no idea what I have to go through on the news-hour debate when I have to defend my party. We will go back to the good old days of Doordarshan when news-anchors just read news and nothing else,” said a spokesperson from a well known political party.

No comments:

Post a Comment