Friday, April 24, 2015

College student develops a Facebook plugin that auto comments “Nice pic” on girls’ photo uploads

Hyderabad. A computer science student from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University has reportedly developed a plug-in for Facebook application that automatically updates “Nice pic” as a comment against girls’ uploaded pictures.

Naveen Kumar, who developed mobile apps during evening hours after returning home, seemed excited about his newly developed Facebook plug-in getting viral. Our reporters talked to him and here’s what he had to say.

As easy as this.

As easy as this.

“I’m quite happy that my plug-in’s downloads on Play Store and App Store have already touched 20,000 in 2 days! I have integrated reporting in my code which shows a lot of people actively using it. With this plug-in, an automatic comment is triggered under the comments section when one stares at a girl’s pic for more than 15 seconds. Staring alone wouldn’t be sufficient, the user has to blush naturally for the comment to be triggered. I have integrated blush detectors which will detect if the user is blushing and as soon as 15 seconds are complete…TA DA! Watch out for the comment!”

“Being a shy guy myself, I’ve had empathy towards shy guys. What really matters is the girl being under impression that the guy is quite outgoing irrespective of whether he believes it or not,”  Naveen said.

After Naveen made this statement, there was a huge round of applause from a group of students standing behind him.

When we asked Naveen on why he was being sexist by targeting only girls and that boys were equally eligible for receiving such comments, he said,”I understand this version is guy friendly but I don’t want to face Shobha De outrage in future. Hence, I’m working on releasing an updated version where girls can choose to auto comment ‘<3<3<3′ or ‘awww’ on  boys’ profile pictures.This would make it even but I’m not really sure if girls would use it as much as the boys.”

Sources say Naveen is already busy developing an anti-plugin for Facebook – auto-abuse, which would send automatic abuses to Farmville invite senders.

No comments:

Post a Comment