Monday, August 26, 2013

Mobile camera to call help when onlookers click pics of accident victims

Mumbai. It is perhaps the discovery of the decade. Munna Mobile, a school dropout and owner of a mobile repair shop in Dharavi has built a mobile camera that helps accident victims.


All you need to do is click a picture of the accident victim (as most people do it involuntarily these days) and the camera automatically alerts the police and ambulance service by making an automated voice call. It also goes a step ahead and books a bed at the nearby hospital through IVRS.


Mobile

The healing touch, now coming soon on a mobile.



Munna was inspired to build the device after a near death experience last year at the Mumbai-Pune highway.


“I lay there bleeding after my accident but no one came forward to help me. In fact, they clicked my pictures, recorded my videos and instantly loaded them on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. In 15 minutes, my picture had 50,000 likes but not one soul who liked to save my life. It was an illiterate truck driver Bhagwan Singh who picked me, took me to hospital and thus I survived,” ecounts Munna with remorse.


Munna then went on to say, “I then decided that since we have pawned our lives to technology and social media, let me part with that single trait that differentiates us from machines – humanity. Let me outsource humanity to technology, it is much safer there and will be certainly put to use.”


Mobile companies have hailed the innovation and have promised to incorporate it into their future handset releases.


“This is in league of features like ‘Blow to unlock’ and ‘Swipe to send’. We will call it ‘Click to help’ – although this is exactly what people have been doing it online, but now this gets a new meaning now,” CEO of a leading mobile handset manufacturing company told Faking News.


“I would like Munna to work on more such features such as fire brigade automatically being called up when a person tweets ‘my office is on fire’ instead of running out,” the CEO proposed.


Trade experts believe that the technology will be used by various media channels to gain maximum publicity. A popular media website incentivizes people to upload photos and others to light candles for them. Photos with most candles every week earn a free helmet.


Elsewhere another channel has requested Munna Mobile to add an sms option while onlookers click pictures of accident victims. A if you think the victim would survive. B if you think not. The news channel has offered prizes to lucky winners who get it right.


But Munna is not impressed with these suggestions. He is worried because in a test run of his ‘Click to help’ feature, calls went in time but there wasn’t anybody in the police station and hospitals to answer them.



No comments:

Post a Comment