Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sehwag appoints himself as the captain of Sehwag International School’s cricket team

New Delhi. Out of favor Indian opener, Virender Sehwag has appointed himself as the lifetime captain of the cricket team of his school, Sehwag International School (SIS). Sehwag has given himself admission in class IX of his own school to become eligible to represent it in school-level cricket tournaments.


Sehwag International School is a school founded by Virender Sehwag, located near the town of Jhajjar in Haryana.


Virender Sehwag

Sehwag wants you in his team



Speaking exclusively to Faking News, Virender Sehwag said, “I had always dreamt of becoming the captain of an international cricket team. I achieved this dream in patches for India when the regular captains were unfit but was never able to nail down the spot permanently. Now that a return to the team itself looks difficult, I have stopped thinking about Indian team’s captaincy and decided to move on. My school is an international school, naam me hi dalwa diya tha, so the captain of my school’s cricket team will be the captain of an international cricket team. My dream will be fulfilled.”


When we asked whether he is retiring from international cricket, Sehwag replied, “What is this yaar! I am telling you that I am becoming the captain of an international team and you are asking whether I am retiring from international cricket. Journalist ho kya? I am not retiring from international cricket, IPL cricket, or even Galli cricket, which I play in the JK Cement ad.”


Sehwag also told us that he had requested his longtime friend and opening partner Gautam Gambhir to join him at SIS as player-cum-coach but Gambhir turned down that offer in favor of a spot in the Jammu & Kashmir Ranji team.


When asked whether it will be difficult for him to play in school-level tournaments with players half his age, Sehwag replied, “No, not at all. Average age of players in Under-17 tournaments in Haryana is 30. I will blend right in.”



No comments:

Post a Comment