Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wife threatens husband, “Stop watching Newshour or my mother comes to stay with us”

New Delhi. Married life of a couple in Preet Vihar has hit a bit of a bump thanks to Times Now’s super hit entertainment program, The Newshour (or is it Super Newshour now?).


Mr. Yatin Gupta and Mrs. Anjali Gupta have been happily married for 5 years but Yatin’s addiction to hearing The Newshour has now created trouble in the paradise.


Anjali has issued him an ultimatum that if he didn’t stop the deadly and daily exposure to The Newshour, her mother, Yatin’s mother-in-law will come over to stay with them permanently.


Arnab Goswami

Arnab, in the most polite position possible.



Speaking to Faking News, Anjali said, “I am fed up with this. Every weekday, from 9 PM to 10:30 PM, he starts watching that man shouting at random people. I have asked him several times to stop watching this nonsense but he listens to me as much as that anchor listens to his guests!”


“My pleas got totally ignored. I have decided to take extreme measures and decided to bring his saas, my dear mother into the picture. That’s the best threat I can think of,” she shared her frustrations.


“Earlier I didn’t complain about this quirk of his, but now I am expecting and I don’t want all that shouting, screaming and the general negativity on the show to affect our child,” she added, “I tried going to the other rooms when that show is on to avoid it, but I swear you can hear that Goswami guy shouting even through a 6 feet concrete wall. What is wrong with him?”


Since this Faking News reporter too wasn’t really sure what was wrong with Arnab Goswami, we dodged the question and moved to the next room to get Yatin’s side of the story.


Yatin told us with a dejected face, “What my wife doesn’t understand is what this whole show means to people like me. It is similar to what Angry young man Amitabh meant to 70s generation.”


“Big B used physical violence on screen, Big G uses verbal violence, that’s the only difference,” Yatin explained the importance of being Arnab Goswami.


“She asks me why can’t I watch other news channels for news, how do I explain to her that nobody watches The Newshour for news. Arnab’s screaming reflects anger and frustration of middle class today. So what if he screams without a point as long as he is screaming on air,” he added.


“But I will have to give up now I think; wife has used nuclear weapon in the shape of her mother. Even Arnab must be scared of his saas,” Yatin sighed.


As per a friend of the couple in the building, Yatin is now thinking about watching some Saas-Bahu serials during that time to get his daily dose of negativity and shouting.



No comments:

Post a Comment